When your home is flooded, the first thing you need to do is make sure you and your family are safe. After that, it’s vitally important to take the proper precautions to ensure that your home does not suffer any further damage from water damage or mold. With our water removal services, Dehumidification in San Jose services, and mold mitigation services, we clean and restore your home to its full splendor – and the flooding disaster will feel like a distant memory.
Here are our best tips for cleaning up your house after a flood:
Take Immediate Action: Managing Water Damage Is a Race Against Time
- Shut Off Water Supply To the Area. Shutting off your water supply is the most important step to take after a flood! Making sure that you deactivate your main water line will ensure that the power is off to all of the appliances in your home, preventing any chance of electrical shock or short circuiting.
- Activate Your Emergency Plumbing Management System (EPMS). If there has been any sort of plumbing problem or electrical malfunction within your property, then this system will detect it and shut off all power to prevent further damage. Once activated, call an emergency plumber immediately so they can assist with repairing the issue at hand.
- Turn off electricity to the area before entering. If you are entering an area with leftover water, this is a crucial safety precaution.
- Place valuables on higher shelves or use plastic bags/bins to protect them from moisture damage. You may only have time to grab a limited number of items, so choose wisely. After home disasters, many victims report regretting leaving behind important documents, photos, valuable books, electronics, and sentimental items. Ergo, take care to salvage the things you truly need.
Call our Emergency Line (650) 459 4386
Call Emergency Water Removal and Dehumidification Services
After the immediate dangers of further flooding and electrical shock are resolved, and you have salvaged as many valuable items as is safe to do, it’s in your best interest to call a specialty cleanup company without hesitation. Flood remediation is no small matter, but our professional services take care of it for you so you don’t have to worry. We understand how overwhelming it can be to suffer from a disaster in your home, which is why we take our jobs seriously.
Fast Response Times
Our fast response time and advanced drying methods help prevent secondary damage and mold. We also deodorize and disinfect the areas flooded or damaged by water.
Modern Drying and Disinfecting Techniques
Our special drying techniques include state of the art equipment and disinfectant techniques:
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- We use infrared cameras to identify where the water is located for thorough water removal.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps allow for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Our deodorization products control odors from excessive moisture.
- Disinfectant products kill bacteria, fungi, mildew, and other harmful microorganisms.
- Specialized drying equipment helps prevent property water damage like swelling and warping of floors, walls and furniture.
- Industrial grade dehumidifiers minimize secondary water damage.
- High-speed air movers create airflow across walls, carpets, pads and furniture, evaporating moisture.
Comprehensive and Thorough Restoration
Our flood mitigation process takes every last detail into account so that we can fully and thoroughly restore your home. Water damage remediation is a complicated process, which is why you simply cannot undertake it yourself. Remember that water damage restoration does not just include dehumidifying the air; it also involves dehumidifying walls, ceilings, furniture and other objects that may be at risk for permanent warping due to moisture saturation.
Our range of services includes:
- Water Removal
- Drying/Dehumidification in San Jose
- Mold Mitigation & Remediation
- Biohazard Remediation
- Electronics and Equipment Restoration
- Document Drying
- Specialty Cleaning for Ceilings, Walls & Hard-Surface Floors
- Room Deodorization
The Consequences of Waiting to Call Flood Cleanup Services
If you wait too long to call flood cleanup services, and your home remains flooded in standing water, you risk serious damage to your home and all of your belongings. This is also a health and safety risk for you, your pets, and anyone that lives in your home: flood water may have been contaminated by gas, sewage, or other hazardous chemicals and materials.
It’s important to be aware of the consequences of neglecting to call a flood cleanup company right away:
Toxic black mold growth. Flooding can cause mold to grow as quickly as 48 hours after being exposed to standing water. When black mold spreads throughout a home, it poses a serious health risk to all individuals living in that house. Mild to severe respiratory problems and immune system disorders are associated with black mold exposure.
Physical damage to the structure. Repeated exposure to moisture degrades building materials, eats away at wooden structures and corrodes plumbing systems, appliances and other electrical components.
Pests are attracted to water damaged areas. Termites, spiders, rats, and other pests thrive in moist conditions and can infest your home within days if you fail to reach out to a water damage restoration business.
Mildewy, damp odors. Another consequence of water damage is the increase in odor issues. When water damage is not taken care of, your home can smell musty and mildewed from standing water. Even if the smell goes away after a short amount of time, odors suggest mold and mildew growth.
In conclusion, it is important to establish a protocol for dealing with water damage emergencies. Just remember that calling a flood cleanup company early will help you manage the damage to your home, while allowing you to recuperate in an environment that is safe and healthy.
Contact Shepherd’s Disaster for Dehumidification in San Jose Service
If you are in need of water damage restoration services or dehumidification in San Jose, contact us. At Shepherd’s Disaster Recovery, we have the tools, experience, and expertise to perform water damage restoration effectively and efficiently. Contact us today by phone or online. We look forward to working with you.