Smoke Damage Restoration and
Fire Damage Remediation
Fire damage can be both devastating and disruptive to your family or business. Fire damage cleanup includes:
- Smoke and soot damage cleaning and repair
- Cleaning your home’s contents and belongings
- Eliminating fire and smoke odor and deodorization
Different types of smoke damage require different cleaning procedures. For instance there are several types of soot:
- Wet Smoke Residues result from smoldering fires with low heat. Residues are sticky, smeary and with pungent odors. Smoke webs can be difficult to clean.
- Dry Smoke Residues result from fast burning fires at high temperatures. Residues are often dry, powdery, small, non-smeary smoke particles.
- Protein Residues are nearly invisible residues that discolor paints and varnishes, and often are recognized by their extreme pungent odors.
Other Types of Residues include tear gas, fingerprint powder, and fire extinguisher residues.
Some things you may not know about smoke:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, using holes around pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the fire damage remediation process; so it’s important you select someone who knows about these differences.