Woodside is a California Bay Area gem nestled between the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains and the small town of Portola Valley. This incorporated town in San Mateo County lies southwest of the San Francisco Peninsula, and is among the wealthiest communities in the United States with a median home price exceeding $4 million. Its lush open space preserves and equestrian trails give the town a distinctive residential character, though it is only a short distance away from tech development area Silicon Valley and the private research university Stanford. As of 2019, nearly 5,400 residents called Woodside home.
Woodside has a long-standing equestrian legacy; horses are part of the local culture. The town system of council-manager government maintains networks of horse trails in the open space. Many ranches, equestrian centers, and horse stables can be found throughout the town, and numerous residents keep horses of their own. The nearby hill preserves and county parks draw local cyclists and equestrians on weekends. The town is also committed to art endeavors, celebrating local artists with special exhibitions and offering artists housing in the Djerassi Artists Residency.
The beautiful rural landscape and marvelous estates in Woodside have been the backdrop to several well-known movies. Bicentennial Man, Dynasty, The Wedding Planner, Lolita, George of the Jungle, and the musical movie adaptation of RENT all had scenes filmed in Woodside. Woodside is a quiet respite from the hustle and bustle of Silicon Valley and the Bay Area, but is within driving distance to the major attractions the area has to offer.
Disaster & Recovery Services that Woodside Trusts
When natural disasters happen, getting back to normal can feel like a daunting mountain to climb. Shepherd’s Disaster, Recovery, and Remediation is here to help.
Our loyal Woodside residents want exceptional and reliable services in times of need. That’s why Woodside residents choose Shepherd’s every time. Whether it’s drying important documents, cleaning a forensic crime scene, or remediation after a catastrophic storm, Shepherd’s has the professionals, equipment, and expertise to restore everything to normal.
When disaster strikes, Shepherd’s Disaster, Recovery, and Remediation is here to restore your Saratoga home or business. Call (650) 459-4386 for a consultation.
Has your home sustained damage from natural disasters such as floods, storms, fires, or earthquakes? Shepherd’s can help restore it to a safe, clean environment. We cover:
- Water Removal from flooding, weather, burst pipes, or poor drainage
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation for removing toxic and excessive mold growth
- Catastrophic Storm Cleanup following hurricanes, earthquakes, flooding, or other storms
- Document Drying to restore important documents following water damage
And much more – check out our services page.
Some messes are too dangerous to tackle with a pair of rubber gloves and a bottle of household cleaner. Our knowledgeable staff has seen it all – and can clean it all. We cover:
- Biohazard Conditions for safely removing hazardous waste
- Crime Scene cleanup
- Vandalism cleanup for removing graffiti or restoring destroyed areas
- Room Deodorization to remove deeply embedded odors
And much more – see our specialty cleanup services page.
Shepherd’s acts as a liaison between you and your insurance company.
- Quick Response Time: We can be on the scene between one to 24 hours to minimize damage costs.
- Assessments: Our damage assessments and cleanup reports provide extra documentation for your insurance claim.
- Pack Out Services: Our Pack Out Services often help lower replacement costs of contents that are restorable—something that costs insurance companies millions of dollars each year.
Contact Us Now for Woodside Disaster Remediation
If you’re facing a disastrous situation, let us help you clean it up quickly, efficiently, and permanently. Our family business has helped mitigate property damage and clean up after disasters since 2008. Call us at (650) 459-4557 or click here to get in touch.